Newfoundland Training Ride – Report

May 5th, 2016 by in Everything

Sorry for the delay on sending this post along, due to work schedule I didn’t have the time I liked to write this up, but now that I have some time…. Here is everything you need to know what happened last weekend during our training ride from Mono Mills to Elora!


Tyler, Johnny, Paul, Craig and Bernie started the trek Friday night really.  Friday night was our test night to build up the bikes, and make sure what we want to bring with a. fit on the bikes and b. not weigh the bikes down too much.


Based on the builds, we were all within the 53-60 lbs mark fully loaded.  That being said, we all looked and could pull some items off for sure, but for what we planned on doing for the weekend, it was a good test set up for sure!


Saturday morning, 8am we all met at Ralph and Wendy’s house in Mono Mills.  This was the beginning point of our upcoming tour!  We lucked out on the day with weather, it was sunny, a little chilli, but perfect for the ride.

Our total route length was a little over 80km, with several stops along the way, to break up the trek.

Our first stop was in Inglewood for a coffee and a snack.  this was the end point of the rail trail as we had to do a nice road ride up to Forks of the Credit provincial park.







We finished our road ride section and headed into Forks of the Credit Park.  It is very funny how as soon as you hit some grassy narrow double track how much energy that you all of a sudden seem to find!



We then hit up the Elora Cataract trail, on route to our lunch stop in Erin.



From Erin we were off and on route to Fergus.  This was a longer stretch, at about 40km, so a little less than half way.  By this point in the day, the sun was out and shining down on us, and the temperatures increased to a comfortable level.


Below is a group of photos that were taken between Erin and our end destination of Elora!
















Our end destination was the Elora Brewing company, because really why not!  Drink a bunch of beer and enjoy a nice meal.



The night was spent in a garage, but for myself, I was unable to stick around due to flying out west first thing in the morning.  But there was always a little time to make



Sunday was completely different than Saturday, due to the massive weather change.

Below is the finish photo back at Ralph and Wendy’s.



All in all, it was a successful training ride for sure, learned some things, and should be good to go for 10 days of this on the rock.

%d bloggers like this: