March 4th

March 4th, 2021 by in Everything

Good news…Groomer parts have shipped and are coming from the USA so arrival time????? At least it’s going to be cold until Sunday. Then we’re into 6 straight days of plus temps. At least the groomer crew will get some time off…

March 3rd…

March 3rd, 2021 by in Everything
Just a reminder on temps as today is plus 5 then we are set for a few days. Parts may be awhile for the groomer so we can’t fix up any damage….please be diligent. Next week is really warming up as well. Let’s keep trails rut free!
Hourly forecast…

Feb 26th update….new trail signage

February 26th, 2021 by in Everything
Well the trails survived the last few days….almost. Thanks so much to everyone who rode early. I think we can all agree that was so much fun!
Dufferin County has now issued signage to attempt to address the irresponsible “rut riders”. The 1/2 depression restriction is now posted by the County as well as these signs are being used to promote the “trail closed” recommendation to riders on warmer days (anything above 1 degree). Again, understand that these are County issued signs intended to support our efforts.
So it is up to all responsible riders to decide based on their experience to open or close a trail. Your “experience” is that you can have proper judgement on your 1/2 depression. If you can confidently ride within the restriction then feel free to move the trail sign off. If you are there and believe it’s too soft, put it up. It’s up to all of the responsible, caring community to monitor and preserve the trail conditions and we can all trust each other.
We will work hard to keep trail conditions updated on the TVG website.
As of right now, based on the hourly weather report, the trails are likely going to be really soft and closed all weekend based on the 1/2 depression guideline. Please respect this and we will have awesome trails next week.

 

Trail update Feb 25th

February 25th, 2021 by in Everything
I had a chance to check out the trails today. All in pretty good shape. Surprisingly still some ruts showing through in places even after multiple groomer passes.
I finished my ride and it was -2 degrees. The trails were already starting to soften up with the sun on them. The ridge trail was already going to mush. The AT trails seemed to stand up better.
So trails are still too soft for skinnies or plus bikes so please fat bikes only.
Tomorrow morning (Friday) looks good but based on the hourly temps the weekend is going to likely be a no go. It’s cold at night but by 9-10am it’s already going to be plus 2 degrees. If we get through this weekend without trashing the trails then next week may be better. Look behind you..1/2 depression/rut=stop riding. Don’t rut trails…don’t be a nimby!

Feb 24th update

February 24th, 2021 by in Everything
I just got back from the trails (for a hike on AT trails) and so far so good. I started at -1 and finished at +1 and trails were already starting to soften up. The FB trails are blocked off at the moment. I think an idea is to let all the responsible users decide on the open/closed based on their judgment. If you get there and they are “closed” (like tomorrow morning) but conditions are actually good (zero rutting) then open them up. If you feel it’s too soft the close them up. There are way more responsible riders than not and it is actually up to all of us to help protect the trails.
Another helpful tool. Here is a link to Mansfield’s weather report. Check the hourly temps and if you cannot be off before it hits plus 1 then don’t bother starting. Plus 7 on Sunday so I really hope people get it and do something else once its above 1 degree. First one is hourly, second is 7 day forecast.
Mansfield, Ontario Hourly Weather Forecast - The Weather Network
Next Page »